Saturday, January 29, 2022

Loosing A Pet

     For my second blog I am going to blog about the lost of my first pet. I recently lost my dog on Christmas Day 2021. He was a Pitbull mix, named Max. He was our first family dog. He was a senior dog he was 14 years old, which if the saying is true one human year is seven in dog years he was old. We had gotten him from a family friend when he was just a puppy. My dad had always had a rule of no dogs so we brought him home in secret. I remember when my dad got home from work he was in shocked and bit mad but he ended up letting us keep him. 

    The day he passed it affected all my family but it affected me the most. He meant something to someone. He was a work out buddy to my brother and sister. He was companion to my dad when he would work outside. For me he was a companion and he taught me responsibility. It was hard loosing him. To be honest I never thought it would hurt so much to lose a pet. I was lucky enough to have friends who have gone through something similar and they helped me get through it. There are days when I still miss him, and wonder if I will be ready to find another companion. Only time will tell.  

15 comments:

  1. It's not easy losing a four-legged family member, glad you have a support system when you lost Max :-)

    Barely a month has passed, I hope more time will lessen the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I'm so sorry, that's horrible. I understand how you feel and I will be feeling the same when my cat dies. She's been in my life for 18 years now and I'm not ever going to be ready for when her time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only had my dog for a year and a half and I'm already worried about when his day will come. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one hit kind of hard, because my first dog's name was Max, and he actually died really early on.

    My condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like he was a great friend and companion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very sad to hear. I lost my first cat while away in the Army several years ago and the hurt was bad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for your loss, I understand how hard it is to lose a family pet that has been around for most of your life. It will get better with time

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry for your loss. I can't really relate because I have never had a pet before since my parents are very strict and against having one, but I hope you can eventually find another companion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry for your loss, only time heals all wounds. Death is so final. I am glad you had the support of your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is hard to lose a pet...especially one that is so close and valuable to the family. I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my dog to cancer almost a year ago. She was the reason I even decided to enter the veterinary field. I am sure you have many great memories of Max. They will help when you do get sad about him. Time also helps a lot with the grieving. I'm so glad you had a great support system during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mayra, I'm so sorry for your loss, and I hope that you are able to soon recover from the love and care that your pet once had for you. I think that pets are like guardian angels, always there to take care of you when you least expect it.

    I too have a pet that we think her time is coming near and one of symptoms is lost of eye sight. She is a small black and yellow chihuahua 12 year old, her eye is becoming more and more glossy and grey. Typically that is the reflection of pets and any animal to begin losing sight and life. I ,truly and very self-fish, hope that I am wrong and that her problem being more something to do with her just loosing practice or forgetting things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's definitely hard losing a pet. I had a bird for 13 years before he passed away.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Mayra I am sorry for your loss if one human year is 7 dog years then your dog was 98 years old. That is a long life but it is really difficult to lose a pet. I have had my cat for 14 years as well and it will be very difficult for me to prepare for her death.

    ReplyDelete